Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

OneNote and NoteTaker

Office OneNote 2007 is more or less a digital notebook that resembles a wikipage or other types of programs that help you gather information and keep it in one place in real-time. I found out about OneNote when I was researching the Notetaker Digital Pen; OneNote helps you store text, pictures, digital handwriting, audio and video, all in one easy to use notebook on your computer. Instead of having to bounce through multiple applications, you can scroll through data and organize it in whatever way you want. It is designed with productivity in mind, and supposedly helps people of all fields feel more confident in their work.
One of my coworkers is a believer in OneNote because sometimes using Microsoft office products interchangeably, (moving stuff from a word doc to an excel doc then to a mail merger then to etc etc) can be a hastle. Granted, OneNote, like anything, will probably take some time to master, but once you do, I think it would be very beneficial as an educator.

Watch the Tutorial I’ve posted about the Notetaker Digital Pen. Obviously it’s really cool, but does is it practical for the classroom? Today, probably not, being that it would be very spendy for a school to buy a whole classroom these Pens, but maybe someday when this technology is less expensive it would be practical.
Most of all, I think that in an English classroom this pen would work awesome for brainstorming, especially if you had computers with big monitors.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting tool, Jon! I've heard about it, but I agree with you about its limited usefulness in the classroom. Wikis and GoogleDocs are so much better for collaborative work anyway.

    Good start to your blog!

    ReplyDelete